My name is Joe Cota, and I am happy to introduce to you and your son/daughter the opportunity to learn the game of golf. This summer I, along with Craig Thome, will be running the 1st Annual Junior Knights Golf Clinic at Oak Hills!
While serving as the varsity golf coach at Oak Creek High School, I had the opportunity on two occasions to take players to the state tournament in Madison. It is an awesome feeling to coach kids that really love the game of golf, are willing to put the necessary time and effort into it, and then watch them succeed.
This program is not just designed to allow kids to get a jump start into what may become an opportunity to play golf in high school. Golf is a lifelong sport, and as long as one understands the fundamentals, one can continue to improve. Consistent with other sports, the game of golf provides the types of fun experiences, discipline, and competition that will undoubtedly contribute to the development of positive character traits. Ultimately, these key attributes will be employed by your son/daughter into various aspects of their lives.
Over the last two years I thought we had it figured out. I had the opportunity to teach an increasingly popular golf class through the OC Summer School Program. These classes have been really well received. The first year we had 20 kids, and last year we had 36. The participants were motivated to continue the lifelong sport of golf, and it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, due to budgetary concerns, this class was cut for this summer.
After some prodding from parents, I have slowly put together a plan that I believe will be really cool. With help from Oak Hills Golf Course and current OCHS Varsity Golf Coach Craig Thome (former four-time high school state golf qualifier and two-time team championship member), here is the plan.
· Cost - $100
· 4 days of instruction at Oak Hills
· 1 tournament at Oak Hills
· T-Shirt - After our clinic, every time your son/daughter comes back to play, with this t-shirt on, Oak Hills will take $2 off the price of a nine hole round or $2 off the price of a large bucket of balls. This offer is good from August 2011 through August 2012 (please call ahead).
· Small Groups of 10-12 middle school kids working with Coach Thome and myself
See you on the course!
To have a registration form sent to your home please contact Joe at 414-651-0764
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Free Cholesterol Screenings at St. Ann Center
- Oak Creek resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Dan Bantz, butterfly collector, will be at the Cudahy Family Library in August
- Bargain Book Sale at Cudahy Family Library