My name is Jacob Levey. I graduated from Nicolet High School last summer along with 300 other students. One of our classmates, Jacob Adashek, has come across an unfortunate battle with leukemia. Thankfully, the cancer is in remission, however; Jacob is in need of a bone marrow transplant. Currently, Jacob is in San Diego, where his parents now live, and has been in and out of the hospital. I am not writing this to cause pity for Jacob, rather asking everyone who can to act responsibly.
Here is an email from his sister, Amy:
First I would like to thank everyone who responded and offered their help in being tested to see if they are a match for my brother.
The fastest, most efficient way is to go to bethematch.com (www.marrow.org) and register. You request a kit, swab the inside of your cheek and send it back in the prepaid envelope enclosed. This one is currently free!!
For those of you in San Diego we are also trying to get a donor drive organized through YAD. If you are interested in this let me know and I'll email you separately later today if we can get it set up quickly.
Please do it this AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and let me know when you have registered and also once you have completed it because I will be keeping a spreadsheet to make things as organized as possible.
Thank you so much for all of your continued support and help,
On top of this, there is a way to get tested here in Milwaukee without having to send anything in the mail. The Blood Center of Wisconsin is open 12am-12am and has a place to get tested.
Their number is :1414933500, and they are located on N. 18th Street
Website: www.bcw.edu-there you can find the link to bone marrow donations.
And for those of you are on facebook, check out the Help Jacob group and join.
Thank you so much for your time,
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- R.A. Smith National Named 2016 Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Mass for Anointing of the Sick
- UW-Parkside Adult Learner Open House April 26
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Announces Summer Youth Theatre Willy Wonka KIDS and Alice in Wonderland, JR.