Project Concern, the only food pantry and clothing bank serving Cudahy and St. Francis, is looking for a volunteer to do a financial audit of the organization. As an agency with a budget under $100,000, Project Concern is not required to do an audit each year, and has never had one up to now because of the expense involved. However, they would like to apply for grants from foundations that require a certified audit of their finances. So they are appealing for pro bono help from a Certified Public Accountant or accounting firm. Responses can be directed to Debby Pizur or Dick Buschmann, Project Concern Co-Directors, at 414-744-0645, or to Executive Director Mark Peters, at 414-483-4474.
Without the outstanding support Project Concern receives from inside and outside our immediate community, it could not continue to serve between 900 and 1200 individuals a month -- a third of whom are children. Last Saturday, over 20 Marquette University Students participating in Hunger Clean Up Day painted, cleaned and did small repairs to brighten up the pantry. On May 14 members of Levi Strauss and Grainger Corporations will be volunteering at Project along with dozens of other volunteers helping with Stamp Out Hunger, the nations largest food drive conducted by USPS letter carriers. Interested volunteers can call the numbers above for more information or to sign up.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy Historical Society First Open House This Saturday
- Confronting Abuse and Neglect at Summer Camp
- Art Petalers Fair blooms May 9 at Custom Grown Greenhouse
- Aging Well Conference at UW-Parkside
- UWP Theatre Presents: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Oak Creek Library Baby Story Time