Project Concern, the only food pantry and clothing bank serving Cudahy and St. Francis, is looking for a volunteer to do a financial audit of the organization. As an agency with a budget under $100,000, Project Concern is not required to do an audit each year, and has never had one up to now because of the expense involved. However, they would like to apply for grants from foundations that require a certified audit of their finances. So they are appealing for pro bono help from a Certified Public Accountant or accounting firm. Responses can be directed to Debby Pizur or Dick Buschmann, Project Concern Co-Directors, at 414-744-0645, or to Executive Director Mark Peters, at 414-483-4474.
Without the outstanding support Project Concern receives from inside and outside our immediate community, it could not continue to serve between 900 and 1200 individuals a month -- a third of whom are children. Last Saturday, over 20 Marquette University Students participating in Hunger Clean Up Day painted, cleaned and did small repairs to brighten up the pantry. On May 14 members of Levi Strauss and Grainger Corporations will be volunteering at Project along with dozens of other volunteers helping with Stamp Out Hunger, the nations largest food drive conducted by USPS letter carriers. Interested volunteers can call the numbers above for more information or to sign up.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- HamBINGO Thursday February 26 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Wixon Adds Bryan Mazur, Key Account Manager – Consumer Products
- Candy Creations for Teens @ the Oak Creek Library (3/19/15)
- Sing, Swing & Play: Benefit for the St. Francis All Abilities Playground