Take time to EXPLORE YOUR PATH with UW-Waukesha’s Continuing Education programs in one of our most popular course offerings, World Religions. Discover the many facets of religion in different cultures, philosophies and the power of faith and spiritual belief. Become part of the knowledge revolution and see what happens! (We’ll bet you come back for more.) For more information or to register for classes go to www.waukesha.uwc.edu/ce or call 262-521-5460. Classes are held at UW-Waukesha, 1500 N. University Drive, Waukesha WI 53188 (unless otherwise noted.)
Beyond Death … What Do We Know?
This class examines death, dying and the evidence of the after-life. Discussion topics will help gain a clear focus and better understanding of the meaning of life and its journey. Other topics include deathbed visions, life review, near-death experiences, the second body, and after-death communication.
T, Apr 12, 6:30 – 9:00pm, $29
Touched By Angels
There is a great interest in God's angels and their activity in the modern world. This class explores these ministering spirits and their power over our imaginations and hearts; see how angels transform human lives. This class highlights the power of spiritual discernment.
T, Apr 19, 6:30 – 9:00pm, $29
Buddhism is the single common thread uniting the Asian world, from India to the Southeast Asia and from China to Japan. To guide and inspire believers, symbols and images were made beginning in India in the third century—Buddhist iconography is the study of these symbols and images. Learn how the Buddha image transformed through time and place, and explore how Buddhist art was shaped by fundamental changes within the faith through our study of paintings, statuary, temple architecture, Japanese Zen gardens and more.
W, Apr 6 – May 18 (No class Apr 20), 6:30 – 8:30pm, $99
With more than a third of the world’s population considered Christian, have you ever wondered what the differences are between all of the types of Christian religions? Or how they diverged into their own religions? Learn the intriguing history of Christianity how it has transformed throughout the years into the religions we know it as today.
Sat, Mar 5 – Apr 9, 10:00am – 12:00pm, $99
Join the "Knowledge Revolution" and take command of your life!
Check out the many possibilities offered through Continuing Education
Web site: www.waukesha.uwc.edu/ce
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- R.A. Smith National Named 2016 Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Mass for Anointing of the Sick
- UW-Parkside Adult Learner Open House April 26
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Announces Summer Youth Theatre Willy Wonka KIDS and Alice in Wonderland, JR.