The 47th Annual Miss St. Francis Scholarship Pageant will be held on Saturday, March 26, 2011 at St. Thomas More HS Auditorium, 2601 E. Morgan Avenue; St. Francis, WI 53235, 7:30 PM. The contestants are preparing with mock interviews and rehearsing the opening production number. The theme is “St. Francis Dancing”. Two former Miss St. Francis titleholders will serve as emcees – Kelly Stone-Kuster (1993) and Michelle Smukowski (2005). Guest vocalist will be Miss St. Francis 2008 Elyse Wojciechowski.
Arrive early to view the fabulous Silent Auction items in the lobby. Again part of the auction will be the Miss St. Francis Ambassador Princess package for girls ages 6-12! The winner will receive a crown and banner and have the opportunity to participate with Miss St. Francis 2011 in parades and a visit to her school.
The 2011 contestants, hometowns and their community sponsors are Jennifer Dombrowski (St. Francis) – St. Francis Dental Center; Eva Glisczinski (Bay View) – TIPRINT; Ann Hancock (So. Milwaukee) - Advance Products; Samantha Lathrop (So. Milwaukee) – M & I Bank; Colleen Mrotek (Bay View) - Kitzinger Cooperage Corporation; Alexa Nommensen (Oak Creek) - Bella Grace Tanning Salon; Stephanie Obst (St. Francis) – PDQ Tooling; Tonya Popowski (Cudahy) - THE Pageant Event; and Amanda Weber (Oak Creek) – St. Francis Brewery.
The winner will succeed Angela Ahcin, Miss St. Francis 2010 of Oak Creek. Scholarships will be offered to all participants with the winner receiving $2,500 to the school of her choice and the opportunity to compete at the 2011 Miss Wisconsin Pageant in June 12-18 in Oshkosh, WI.
Tickets are $10 for reserved seats and are now available from the contestants or by contacting David Goltz at 414-483-8353.
PHOTO CREDIT: Don Rask-DTR Photography
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Summer Fun at the St. Francis Library
- City of St. Francis 4th of July Celebration Schedule
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Open House on proposed lakefront luxury residential community June 23rd
- Kirtan at Tippe