These local parents are getting creative with SuperBowl snacks. They are members of the local chapter of the Holistic Moms Network and believe in healthy eating.
To stay in the green-and-gold spirit for Sunday’s game, they are pairing green zucchini slices with cheddar cheese and sliced green grapes with pineapple or golden raisins for fun snacks that are simple and minimally processed.
Other ideas include:
Green spinach tortillas without additives or artificial colors with melted cheddar for a mini quesadilla. Kids who like pepper can top it with diced green and yellow pepper. Served with organic sour cream and salsa.
Whole wheat, cheesy herb dressed up with fresh herbs and cheddar curds. Green veggies could be added. Dough can be purchased or homemade.
Fresh snow peas or a bagged snack called SnapeaCrisps http://snacksalad.com/products.html with organic yellow cheddar cubes.
A mixture of peas with golden corn kernels.
More information about the Holistic Moms Network is available at www.holisticmoms.org The Milwaukee chapter meets the first Monday of the month at the St. Francis Library at 6:30 pm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Oak Creek Library Baby Story Time
- American Pickers to visit Cudahy
- Afternoon Tea Delight at Cudahy Family Library
- Working Parents’ Luncheon Aimed at Helping Busy Parents Recharge
- Last Market & Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- A KNIGHT OF LAUGHS - HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL QUARTERBACK CLUB