These local parents are getting creative with SuperBowl snacks. They are members of the local chapter of the Holistic Moms Network and believe in healthy eating.
To stay in the green-and-gold spirit for Sunday’s game, they are pairing green zucchini slices with cheddar cheese and sliced green grapes with pineapple or golden raisins for fun snacks that are simple and minimally processed.
Other ideas include:
Green spinach tortillas without additives or artificial colors with melted cheddar for a mini quesadilla. Kids who like pepper can top it with diced green and yellow pepper. Served with organic sour cream and salsa.
Whole wheat, cheesy herb dressed up with fresh herbs and cheddar curds. Green veggies could be added. Dough can be purchased or homemade.
Fresh snow peas or a bagged snack called SnapeaCrisps http://snacksalad.com/products.html with organic yellow cheddar cubes.
A mixture of peas with golden corn kernels.
More information about the Holistic Moms Network is available at www.holisticmoms.org The Milwaukee chapter meets the first Monday of the month at the St. Francis Library at 6:30 pm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- Wixon Welcomes Amanda Hill, Buyer
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Kaboom! St. Francis Library's Summer Reading Program
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- "The Seeds of Banquo" - a New Play in Angela Iannone's Edwin Booth Series with Theater RED
- Cudahy Historical Society/Police Bicycle Auction Saturday!
- Teen De-Stress Fest