These local parents are getting creative with SuperBowl snacks. They are members of the local chapter of the Holistic Moms Network and believe in healthy eating.
To stay in the green-and-gold spirit for Sunday’s game, they are pairing green zucchini slices with cheddar cheese and sliced green grapes with pineapple or golden raisins for fun snacks that are simple and minimally processed.
Other ideas include:
Green spinach tortillas without additives or artificial colors with melted cheddar for a mini quesadilla. Kids who like pepper can top it with diced green and yellow pepper. Served with organic sour cream and salsa.
Whole wheat, cheesy herb dressed up with fresh herbs and cheddar curds. Green veggies could be added. Dough can be purchased or homemade.
Fresh snow peas or a bagged snack called SnapeaCrisps http://snacksalad.com/products.html with organic yellow cheddar cubes.
A mixture of peas with golden corn kernels.
More information about the Holistic Moms Network is available at www.holisticmoms.org The Milwaukee chapter meets the first Monday of the month at the St. Francis Library at 6:30 pm.
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- St. Francis Resident Receives Alverno College Degree
- "Click It or Ticket"
- "Click it or Ticket It" Campaign
- Four-Year-Old Kindergarten Registration
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June
- Vendor Fair and Bake Sale Sunday May 22