On Thursday of last week, Dec. 9, 2010, the St. Francis High School Math Department gave the Mathematical Association of America High School Math Contest to 39 students who signed up in November to take the test. The 39 students are currently enrolled in Algebra 2, Precalculus or Advanced Placement Calculus. The test is extremely difficult and tests ingenuity and creativity as well as mathematical aptitude. The top ten students for SFHS are:
First place – Cody Beaumont – Senior
Second place – Greg Boknevitz – Junior
Third place – Ivan Lopez – Senior
Fourth place – Morgan Kloth - Junior
Fifth place – Miranda Jankowski - Junior
Sixth place – 4 way tie – Liana Corrao - Junior, Emily Deck – Senior , Addam Paprocki - Junior, Becky Schaewe - Junior
Seventh place – Nico Lopez - Junior
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pony Party
- Storytimes are Starting!
- Reiman Chapel Opens to the Public
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- SUPPORT CUDAHY FARMERS MARKET
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- UW-Parkside Faculty and Staff Honored by UW System
- 51st SAINT FRANCIS DAYS