On Thursday of last week, Dec. 9, 2010, the St. Francis High School Math Department gave the Mathematical Association of America High School Math Contest to 39 students who signed up in November to take the test. The 39 students are currently enrolled in Algebra 2, Precalculus or Advanced Placement Calculus. The test is extremely difficult and tests ingenuity and creativity as well as mathematical aptitude. The top ten students for SFHS are:
First place – Cody Beaumont – Senior
Second place – Greg Boknevitz – Junior
Third place – Ivan Lopez – Senior
Fourth place – Morgan Kloth - Junior
Fifth place – Miranda Jankowski - Junior
Sixth place – 4 way tie – Liana Corrao - Junior, Emily Deck – Senior , Addam Paprocki - Junior, Becky Schaewe - Junior
Seventh place – Nico Lopez - Junior
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBINGO Thursday June 4 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Open House at Cudahy Historical Society Depot This Saturday
- SM Author Jerrianne Hayslett’s Short Story Wins First-Place Prize
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- Wixon Welcomes Amanda Hill, Buyer
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Kaboom! St. Francis Library's Summer Reading Program
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19