On Thursday of last week, Dec. 9, 2010, the St. Francis High School Math Department gave the Mathematical Association of America High School Math Contest to 39 students who signed up in November to take the test. The 39 students are currently enrolled in Algebra 2, Precalculus or Advanced Placement Calculus. The test is extremely difficult and tests ingenuity and creativity as well as mathematical aptitude. The top ten students for SFHS are:
First place – Cody Beaumont – Senior
Second place – Greg Boknevitz – Junior
Third place – Ivan Lopez – Senior
Fourth place – Morgan Kloth - Junior
Fifth place – Miranda Jankowski - Junior
Sixth place – 4 way tie – Liana Corrao - Junior, Emily Deck – Senior , Addam Paprocki - Junior, Becky Schaewe - Junior
Seventh place – Nico Lopez - Junior
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Great Lakes Lighthouses Speaker at Next Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- Best Presents Aren't Things presented by Kathi Miller
- St. Ann Center Indoor Market starts Saturday!
- South Milwaukee Lions Step up to Help Community Organizations
- Cousins Subs Donation Night Wednesday October 29
- New South Shore Wine Tasting Event Sets Date
- Wixon Adds Protein Project Manager Nathan Radue
- Book Signing & Authentic Viennese Recipes at Library!
- Marching Knights Earn First Place in Class AAAA at WSMA State Marching Band Championships
- FAMILY HALLOWEEN HOUSE