On Thursday of last week, Dec. 9, 2010, the St. Francis High School Math Department gave the Mathematical Association of America High School Math Contest to 39 students who signed up in November to take the test. The 39 students are currently enrolled in Algebra 2, Precalculus or Advanced Placement Calculus. The test is extremely difficult and tests ingenuity and creativity as well as mathematical aptitude. The top ten students for SFHS are:
First place – Cody Beaumont – Senior
Second place – Greg Boknevitz – Junior
Third place – Ivan Lopez – Senior
Fourth place – Morgan Kloth - Junior
Fifth place – Miranda Jankowski - Junior
Sixth place – 4 way tie – Liana Corrao - Junior, Emily Deck – Senior , Addam Paprocki - Junior, Becky Schaewe - Junior
Seventh place – Nico Lopez - Junior
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- New Books & Brew Book Club
- St. Francis Business of the Year
- 3rd Annual St. Francis Lions Beer & Wine Tasting
- Tool Time at the St. Francis Library
- SM Football Boosters Holding 1st Annaul Rocktoberfest
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Book Author to Speak at Next Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- Theatrical Tendencies to present Milwaukee Premiere of Geoffrey Nauffts' "Next Fall"
- Oak Creek Fall Festival is Sunday