The Rotary Club of Mitchell Field, as well as Rotarians of District 6270 in southeastern Wisconsin are seeking four outstanding professionals to visit northern Italy in May 2011 as part of the Group Study Exchange program of the Rotary Foundation.
Through the program, teams of professionals exchange visits between paired areas in different countries. The awards involve four week visits, during which team members share personal knowledge of their own country and experience the customs, vocations and lifestyles of another.
The purpose of a Group Study Exchange is to promote international understanding and goodwill through per-to-person contact. While abroad, team members stay in Rotarians’ homes and have the opportunity to meet their professional counterparts. They will also give presentations to Rotary clubs and other groups about their home country.
The Rotary Foundation provides a round-trip air ticket, and local Rotarians in the host country provide meals, lodging, and group travel in their district. Team members pay for personal and incidental expenses.
People interested in applying should be employed full-time in a recognized business or profession. Young professionals within the age range of 25-40 are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must live or be employed in Rotary District 6270 which reaches south from the state line and north to Two Rivers; west from Delevan, Whitewater, Oconomowoc, Ripon and Oshkosh.
For an application and further information about the Group Study Exchange go to the District 6270 web site: www.rotary6270.org or www.rotary.org (go to Service and Fellowship).
Team member applications need to be submitted by November 30, 2010 to Jan Constable (see below). Interviews will be held on December 11th.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Steve Sutherland at firstname.lastname@example.org, Jan Constable at email@example.com or Alice Sedgwick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- St. Francis Resident Receives Alverno College Degree
- "Click It or Ticket"
- "Click it or Ticket It" Campaign
- Four-Year-Old Kindergarten Registration
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June
- Vendor Fair and Bake Sale Sunday May 22
- St. Ann Center Honors Special Friends
- A Right Path Wellness Opens in Bay View with Community Open House May 21 4-8:00