The Rotary Club of Mitchell Field, as well as Rotarians of District 6270 in southeastern Wisconsin are seeking four outstanding professionals to visit northern Italy in May 2011 as part of the Group Study Exchange program of the Rotary Foundation.
Through the program, teams of professionals exchange visits between paired areas in different countries. The awards involve four week visits, during which team members share personal knowledge of their own country and experience the customs, vocations and lifestyles of another.
The purpose of a Group Study Exchange is to promote international understanding and goodwill through per-to-person contact. While abroad, team members stay in Rotarians’ homes and have the opportunity to meet their professional counterparts. They will also give presentations to Rotary clubs and other groups about their home country.
The Rotary Foundation provides a round-trip air ticket, and local Rotarians in the host country provide meals, lodging, and group travel in their district. Team members pay for personal and incidental expenses.
People interested in applying should be employed full-time in a recognized business or profession. Young professionals within the age range of 25-40 are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must live or be employed in Rotary District 6270 which reaches south from the state line and north to Two Rivers; west from Delevan, Whitewater, Oconomowoc, Ripon and Oshkosh.
For an application and further information about the Group Study Exchange go to the District 6270 web site: www.rotary6270.org or www.rotary.org (go to Service and Fellowship).
Team member applications need to be submitted by November 30, 2010 to Jan Constable (see below). Interviews will be held on December 11th.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Steve Sutherland at email@example.com, Jan Constable at firstname.lastname@example.org or Alice Sedgwick at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Summer Fun at the St. Francis Library
- City of St. Francis 4th of July Celebration Schedule
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Open House on proposed lakefront luxury residential community June 23rd
- Celebrate South Milwaukee with a Full Week of Heritage Days Activities