MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis. -- Cousins Subs today announced that guests at participating stores throughout metro Milwaukee raised more than $12,000 for the Wisconsin Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society during a special, one-month fundraiser. During September, guests who donated $1 received a coupon to save $1 off a 7½-inch sub or large salad on their next visit.
The campaign raised a total of $12,459, said Larry Weissman, vice president of marketing for Cousins Subs.
“We’re really proud of the way our guests responded to this effort to raise much-needed funds for a very worthy cause,” Weissman said. “We have a strong relationship with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through the ‘Light the Night’ Walk it holds in Wisconsin communities throughout September, and we’re thrilled that, thanks to the generosity of our guests, we could contribute even more this year.”
Participating stores included:
* Brown Deer: 5191 W. Brown Deer Road
* Franklin: 7178 S. 76th St. and 7700 S. Lovers Lane Road
* Germantown: N96 W15630 County Line Road
* Glendale: 5333 N. Port Washington Road
* Greenfield: 7495 W. Layton Ave. and 6201 S. 27th St.
* Menomonee Falls: W156 N5530 Pilgrim Road and N79 W14727 Appleton Ave.
* Milwaukee: 324 E. Wisconsin Ave., 789 N. Water St., 552 W. Layton Ave., 1001 N. Old World 3rd St., 10855 W. Park Place, 2900 N. Oakland Ave., 9015 W. Appleton Ave., 1233 E. Brady St., 801 E. Capitol Drive, 4134 W. Villard Ave., 7603 W. Burleigh St., 8538 W. Brown Deer Road, 1612 W. Wisconsin Ave., 3104 S. 27th St. and 4121 N. 56th St.
* Oak Creek: 2327 W. Ryan Road and 135 W. Rawson Ave.
* St. Francis: 3058 E. Layton Ave.
* South Milwaukee: 2965 S. Chicago Ave.
* Sussex: W232 N6116 Waukesha Ave.
* Waukesha: 530 W. Sunset Drive
* Wauwatosa: 12325 W. Burleigh St. and 6810 W. State St.
* West Allis: 9124 W. Lincoln Ave., 1469 S. 108th St. and 10716 W. Oklahoma Ave.
* West Milwaukee: 1150 Miller Park Way
About Cousins Subs:
Cousins Subs, based in Menomonee Falls in suburban Milwaukee, is a restaurant specializing in East Coast-style submarine sandwiches made with the finest ingredients served on a variety of freshly baked breads, along with salads, soups, chips and soft drinks. The tradition of Cousins Subs started in 1972, when two transplanted cousins from Atlantic City saw the need for an East Coast-style sub shop in their new hometown. They patterned their subs after the hoagie, grinder, hero and sub sandwiches they enjoyed back East. And with a dedication to delivering quality subs at fair prices, they opened their first restaurant. From the start, the two used bread baked fresh every morning and insisted on using only the finest, freshest ingredients. For more information, visit www.cousinssubs.com. You can also find Cousins Subs on Facebook and Twitter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- HamBINGO Thursday February 26 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Wixon Adds Bryan Mazur, Key Account Manager – Consumer Products
- Candy Creations for Teens @ the Oak Creek Library (3/19/15)
- Sing, Swing & Play: Benefit for the St. Francis All Abilities Playground