The Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers' Association (MARTA) will host a free seminar for participants of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) on Thursday, November 18, 2010 from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Nathan Hale High School cafeteria, 11601 W. Lincoln Ave. Educators from all Milwaukee County school districts are invited to attend.
The focus of the seminar will be on the Wisconsin Retirement System pension benefits and options. This seminar is geared to WRS participants including teachers, administrators, support staff, spouses and school personnel who are planning to retire or are beginning to think about it. The presenter from the Wisconsin Retired Educators' Association (WREA) will be Roger Byers, a former benefit specialists at the Department of Employee Trust Funds.
WREA, which was organized in 1951, is a statewide association of over 14,000 members. It is recognized for protecting the public pension fund and promoting public education. With a central office in Middleton, WREA maintains a strong lobbying presence by representing the views of retired educators.
Please RSVP by Monday, November 15, 2010 to MARTAteachers@gmail.com. Walk-ins are welcome but registration is preferred.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- Wixon Welcomes Amanda Hill, Buyer
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Kaboom! St. Francis Library's Summer Reading Program
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- "The Seeds of Banquo" - a New Play in Angela Iannone's Edwin Booth Series with Theater RED
- Cudahy Historical Society/Police Bicycle Auction Saturday!
- Teen De-Stress Fest