The Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers' Association (MARTA) will host a free seminar for participants of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) on Thursday, November 18, 2010 from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Nathan Hale High School cafeteria, 11601 W. Lincoln Ave. Educators from all Milwaukee County school districts are invited to attend.
The focus of the seminar will be on the Wisconsin Retirement System pension benefits and options. This seminar is geared to WRS participants including teachers, administrators, support staff, spouses and school personnel who are planning to retire or are beginning to think about it. The presenter from the Wisconsin Retired Educators' Association (WREA) will be Roger Byers, a former benefit specialists at the Department of Employee Trust Funds.
WREA, which was organized in 1951, is a statewide association of over 14,000 members. It is recognized for protecting the public pension fund and promoting public education. With a central office in Middleton, WREA maintains a strong lobbying presence by representing the views of retired educators.
Please RSVP by Monday, November 15, 2010 to MARTAteachers@gmail.com. Walk-ins are welcome but registration is preferred.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House Saturday
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Cudahy High School Fees & Registration Days
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Leda Strand Joins Wixon as Vice President of R&D