The Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers' Association (MARTA) will host a free seminar for participants of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) on Thursday, November 18, 2010 from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Nathan Hale High School cafeteria, 11601 W. Lincoln Ave. Educators from all Milwaukee County school districts are invited to attend.
The focus of the seminar will be on the Wisconsin Retirement System pension benefits and options. This seminar is geared to WRS participants including teachers, administrators, support staff, spouses and school personnel who are planning to retire or are beginning to think about it. The presenter from the Wisconsin Retired Educators' Association (WREA) will be Roger Byers, a former benefit specialists at the Department of Employee Trust Funds.
WREA, which was organized in 1951, is a statewide association of over 14,000 members. It is recognized for protecting the public pension fund and promoting public education. With a central office in Middleton, WREA maintains a strong lobbying presence by representing the views of retired educators.
Please RSVP by Monday, November 15, 2010 to MARTAteachers@gmail.com. Walk-ins are welcome but registration is preferred.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rise to Your Potential, Soar to New Heights With Ascension Martial Arts
- Pony Party
- Storytimes are Starting!
- Reiman Chapel Opens to the Public
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- SUPPORT CUDAHY FARMERS MARKET
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- UW-Parkside Faculty and Staff Honored by UW System