The Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers' Association (MARTA) will host a free seminar for participants of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) on Thursday, November 18, 2010 from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Nathan Hale High School cafeteria, 11601 W. Lincoln Ave. Educators from all Milwaukee County school districts are invited to attend.
The focus of the seminar will be on the Wisconsin Retirement System pension benefits and options. This seminar is geared to WRS participants including teachers, administrators, support staff, spouses and school personnel who are planning to retire or are beginning to think about it. The presenter from the Wisconsin Retired Educators' Association (WREA) will be Roger Byers, a former benefit specialists at the Department of Employee Trust Funds.
WREA, which was organized in 1951, is a statewide association of over 14,000 members. It is recognized for protecting the public pension fund and promoting public education. With a central office in Middleton, WREA maintains a strong lobbying presence by representing the views of retired educators.
Please RSVP by Monday, November 15, 2010 to MARTAteachers@gmail.com. Walk-ins are welcome but registration is preferred.
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Governor Walker Invests in Cudahy for Fab Lab Equipment
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- R.A. Smith National Named 2016 Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry