The Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers' Association (MARTA) will host a free seminar for participants of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) on Thursday, November 18, 2010 from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Nathan Hale High School cafeteria, 11601 W. Lincoln Ave. Educators from all Milwaukee County school districts are invited to attend.
The focus of the seminar will be on the Wisconsin Retirement System pension benefits and options. This seminar is geared to WRS participants including teachers, administrators, support staff, spouses and school personnel who are planning to retire or are beginning to think about it. The presenter from the Wisconsin Retired Educators' Association (WREA) will be Roger Byers, a former benefit specialists at the Department of Employee Trust Funds.
WREA, which was organized in 1951, is a statewide association of over 14,000 members. It is recognized for protecting the public pension fund and promoting public education. With a central office in Middleton, WREA maintains a strong lobbying presence by representing the views of retired educators.
Please RSVP by Monday, November 15, 2010 to MARTAteachers@gmail.com. Walk-ins are welcome but registration is preferred.
- First Annual Taste of the Gateway: Wednesday, July 20
- MMSD's Fresh Coast 740 Brings You St. Francis Green Summer
- Bertka Appointed to Medical College Faculty
- Bluegrass Fest Benefit to Pulaski Park-Cudahy
- South Shore Police Departments Partner for Traffic Enforcement
- Pancake Breakfast at the Kelly Center
- Hoops for Awareness
- Shop St. Francis Week - June 27 to July 4th Offers discounts and offers!
- South Milwaukee Football Annual Golf Outing
- St. Francis Senior Awarded Rotary Scholarship (1)