St. Francis resident Bill Drehfal is joining United of Greater Milwaukee as a loaned executive in support of the organization's 2010 Community Campaign.
United Way’s loaned executives, sponsored by Milwaukee-area businesses, support more than 1,400 corporations that run workplace giving campaigns or give corporate gifts. The loaned executives educate donors and the community about United Way’s critical role in Greater Milwaukee. The temporary help, supported by corporate and non-profit partners, helps minimize fundraising costs, ensuring that dollars go directly to fund support 160-plus programs at over 80 local agencies. Drehfal is sponsored by Northwestern Mutual and Community Health Charities.
“As the largest health and human services funder in our community, no other organization has as significant an impact on local families. Loaned executives help us continue to run efficiently,” said Mary Lou Young, President and CEO of United Way of Greater Milwaukee. “We are fortunate to have such an engaged group of individuals to support our campaign this year and to help us tackle our community’s most serious problems.”
United Way of Greater Milwaukee will announce its 2010 fundraising goal during its Community Campaign kickoff at Miller Park on September 2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Succeeds releases Milestone Report
- Village of Shorewood Seeks Artists for Plein Air Art Festival
- Creative Catering BBQ Demos Set For June 13 at South Milwaukee Market
- Bake and Bag Sale for a Cause
- Become Your Own Boss at the Oak Creek Library
- Wisconsin Ranks 20th for Senior Health
- JJ Singer graduates with a Doctorate in Pharmacy
- Garlic Mustard Pickers at First Congregational
- Graef Recognized by Wisconsin Chapter of American Planning Association
- Miss St. Francis 2013, Cecilia Margraff leaves for Miss Wisconsin Competition