The South Milwaukee Recreation Department is offering the following programs:
Adult Softball - Individuals wishing to organize a team in any of the various womens, mens or co-ed leagues may pick up a team entry form at the recreation office. New teams will be accepted on a first-come, first- served basis and placed where openings are available.
T-Ball - The program will be offered to boys and girls ages 4 through 7. Classes will be held from 9 to 9:50 a.m. Saturdays, May 2, 9, 16, 30 and June 6, with no class May 23 All participants are to report to Rawson at 9 a.m. April 25. Depending on class size, remaining weeks may be run in two sessions (from 9 to 9:50 a.m. and 10 to 10:50 a.m.). Fees are $30 per resident and $45 per nonresident.
Middle School Track - The program will be offered to sixth- through eighth-graders from 3:15 to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday through May 31. The fees are $42 per resident and $63 per nonresident.
Fieldhouse Access - The South Milwaukee Senior High School fieldhouse track access is free to South Milwaukee residents and $25 a year for nonresidents.
Martial Arts - A variety of martial arts classes will be offered to children ages 4 and over and adults Tuesdays and Thursdays, May 12 through Aug. 13, in room 2720 of the Middle School. All students must purchase a uniform, which costs approximately $30. Additional information will be available at the first class from instructor Rick Gawronski. Participants should enter through door No. 34 and park in the High School lot.
To register for or obtain details on these programs, stop in the Recreation Office, located in room 901 of the Senior High School, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to noon or 1 to 4 p.m..
Registrations may also be mailed, along with proper fees, to the Recreation Department at 901 15th Ave., South Milwaukee, WI, 53172.
Those registering in-person should enter through the Community Recreation Entrance, door No. 24.
For details, call (414) 766-5081.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baseball: Error opens door for Whitnall to move forward
- Local coach, players boost fortunes of MATC baseball (4)
- Homestead's O-line, Berger too much for Bay in 42-7 rout
- Football: Vikings pile up 410 rushing yards in victory
- Join our basketball scribes for a video look at the WIAA postseason
- Gilbreath, Mariners bow out of playoffs
- Wisconsin Lutheran 47, St. Francis 38: Gilbreath, Mariners bow out of playoffs
- Get the latest on the girls basketball tournament in our video preview
- Woodland Conference swim meet photo gallery now online
- Roundball Rankings is back with the best in area hoops