The Rockets got off to a promising start in their WIAA Division 1 regional semifinal at Milwaukee Custer on March 3, but could not sustain it.
Custer erased a seven-point, first-quarter deficit and went on to a 50-37 victory.
The Cougars regrouped to take a 20-16 halftime lead and pushed away to a 37-22 lead after three quarters.
Andrew Windler led the Rockets (4-17) with 17 points.
Milwaukee North rolled to a big early lead and coasted to a 71-38 victory over the visiting Packers in a WIAA Division 2 regional quarterfinal March 3.
North held a 20-8 lead after the first quarter and built it to 33-18 by halftime. North added 24 points in the third quarter to make the score 57-33.
Teontae Morgan led Cudahy (5-16) with 13 points.
Milwaukee Lutheran broke open the game in the second quarter of its 71-30 victory over the visiting Mariners in a WIAA Division 2 regional quarterfinal March 3.
Milwaukee Lutheran pushed away from an 11-10 lead with a 20 -point second quarter that gave the Red Knights a 31-19 halftime advantage. Milwaukee Lutheran boosted the lead to 45-25 after three quarters.
Alde Selenica led the Mariners (2-19) with nine points.
- Jerry Karpowicz,
- Football: Craft brew: St. Francis senior a record-setting dynamo
- Baseball: Error opens door for Whitnall to move forward
- Local coach, players boost fortunes of MATC baseball (4)
- Homestead's O-line, Berger too much for Bay in 42-7 rout
- Football: Vikings pile up 410 rushing yards in victory
- Join our basketball scribes for a video look at the WIAA postseason
- Gilbreath, Mariners bow out of playoffs
- Wisconsin Lutheran 47, St. Francis 38: Gilbreath, Mariners bow out of playoffs
- Get the latest on the girls basketball tournament in our video preview
- Woodland Conference swim meet photo gallery now online