Tuesday, April 3, will be an election day for the municipal offices in St. Francis. CoryAnn St. Marie-Carls won the primary election for mayor in St. Francis with nearly half the total votes in February. We have been friends with Cory, and the St. Marie family, for 26 years and we enthusiastically endorse her for election to the position of St. Francis mayor.
Voters in the primary election recognized that Cory's intelligence, experience, commitment and integrity are important assets for the person who will serve as our mayor for the next four years. Her 18 years of city government experience, including city strategic planning, revitalization and public safety, to name a few, will be important to our city and its residents.
Cory is a community leader; her commitments include serving as a board member for the Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Southeast, board member of Junior Achievement of Wisconsin, and a member of the Miss St. Francis Scholarship Pageant Committee.
Cory has been honored to receive an Outstanding Alumni Award for the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. She is a Martin Luther King Humanitarian Award recipient, and she is a former Miss St. Francis (1986).
Cory and her husband, Tom, are homeowners in St. Francis and have a stake in the future of our community. She will work with the residents to do what is best for the city.
Our community would be fortunate to have CoryAnn St. Marie-Carls represent us as our mayor. We urge you to go to the polls and vote for her on Tuesday, April 3.
Stanley and Margaret Raclaw
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- South Shore police report: June 18, 2015
- South Shore police report: June 4, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 28, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 14, 2015
- Winter's not through with us yet
- South Shore police report: May 7, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 30, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 23, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 16, 2015