· A 26-year-old Greendale man was cited for retail theft at 2:13 p.m. May 5 after taking a bottle of glue valued at $6.29 from Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave.
· A 50-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for battery, strangulation and bail jumping after an incident in the 3400 block of East Layton Avenue at about 8:30 p.m. May 3. According to police reports, a 52-year-old woman, the man's ex-girlfriend, invited him to visit her apartment. The man was violating terms of probation by visiting her, but told police the woman "is crazy and the sex is amazing."
· A 29-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for battery and disorderly conduct-domestic violence related after allegedly assaulting his 28-year-old ex-girlfriend at her apartment in the 3000 block of East Adams Avenue on May 5.
· A 37-year-old Milwaukee woman was cited for operating while impaired after she was involved in a two-car collision at the intersection of East Layton and South Packard avenues at 4:48 p.m. April 30. Several pills were found in the woman's car and she admitted to police she snorted cocaine two days before the collision.
· A 20-year-old Milwaukee man and two St. Francis men, ages 19 and 20, were cited for possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia at 6:53 p.m. May 5 after they were stopped in the 6200 block of South Packard Avenue.
· A 22-year-old Milwaukee woman was cited for operating while intoxicated and speeding after a traffic stop in the 2500 block of East Layton Avenue at 3:15 a.m. May 4. A breath test indicated a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.13.
· A 40-year-old Greenfield woman was cited for operating while intoxicated, operating after suspension and operating without insurance at 3:19 a.m. May 4 after she was stopped in the 2400 block of East Layton Avenue. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.13.
· A 20-year-old Cudahy man was cited for criminal damage to property, battery and disorderly conduct after a wild quarrel just past midnight May 1 near the 3500 block of East Barnard Avenue. According to police reports the man and his girlfriend, a 21-year-old South Milwaukee woman, were driving in the woman's car when an argument became violent. The man allegedly choked her, left the car, then smashed windows and threw a sewer grate at the car, which tore off the front bumper. Police said the incident "caused a huge disturbance and woke numerous residents."
· Two windows were broken on a commercial building at 3620 E. Layton Ave., between 2:30 and 5:30 p.m. May 7. Damage was estimated at $200.
· A 29-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for obstructing police after giving his brother's name during a traffic stop at 2:52 p.m. April 30 in the 3500 block of East Squire Avenue. The man was arrested on three warrants from Mequon.
· A stereo system and a DVD/VHS player were taken from an apartment in the 3800 block of South Packard Avenue, prior to May 2. A 41-year-old Milwaukee man who vacated the apartment April 22, when the building was condemned by the city building inspector, reported the items missing after he returned to claim personal belongings.
· A 31-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for retail theft after taking a bottle of vodka valued at $11.58 from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., at 6:12 p.m. May 1.
· A 46-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for disorderly conduct after striking his 20-year-old son at about 11:30 p.m. May 2. According to police reports the son came to the home begging for a place to stay, about a week after he had been kicked out. The son was intoxicated, and accompanied by a friend, and both were cursing the father. The father told police he "smacked him around a little bit." The son was cited for underage alcohol consumption.
· A 46-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for operating while intoxicated after she was stopped at Eighth and Milwaukee avenues at 11:35 p.m. April 30. She had been involved in an accident two blocks away shortly beforehand. A breath test indicated a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.15.
· A 22-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for operating while intoxicated after a traffic stop in the 1400 block of North Chicago Avenue at 1:16 a.m. May 5. Police were alerted to the driver by an employee at Taco Bell, where she nearly collided with the building. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.20.
· A 40-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for operating while intoxicated at 2:08 a.m. May 6 after his car struck a fence outside a home in the 1600 block of Rawson Avenue. The man had been cited for disorderly conduct a short time earlier for attempting to enter the house, where his 40-year-old ex-fiancée resides. According to police reports the man behaved in a bizarre manner while in custody. He was wearing a football helmet, urging police to hire him as an undercover officer.
· A 53-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for operating while intoxicated after doing a motorcycle burnout at about 7:30 p.m. May 8 in the 1800 block of 10th Avenue. The man, who has four previous OWI convictions, "stated he was stupid for doing the burnout," and did so on the urging of patrons at a bar where he had been drinking. A breath test indicated a preliminary BAC of 0.09.
· A Milwaukee woman was cited for failure to yield after she struck a car driven by a Cudahy woman at the intersection of Nicholson and Rawson avenues at 4:07 p.m. May 2. According to police reports the Milwaukee woman was turning left from southbound Nicholson to eastbound Rawson when she struck the Cudahy woman, who was driving northbound on Nicholson. Impact from the collision pushed the Cudahy woman's car into a traffic light.
· A 36-year-old resident of the 1500 block of 15th Avenue was arrested for disorderly conduct (domestic violence related) after she threw a tile through a window at her home at 9:20 p.m. May 2. According to police reports the woman was quarreling with her 38-year-old boyfriend.
· A tire on a vehicle was slashed in the 1400 block of Menomonee Avenue overnight May 2-3. Damage was estimated at $200.
· A flagpole was reported cut in half outside a home in the 2200 block of 13th Avenue on May 7.
· A 14-year-old student at South Milwaukee High School, 801 15th Ave., was cited for disorderly conduct April 9 after urinating on the vehicle of a custodian. The student told police he did not know whose car it was, or why he did what he did.
· An anonymous note informed police that two potbellied pigs were being kept at a home in the 1300 block of Marquette Avenue. Police told the resident May 6 to remove the pigs within 24 hours.
· Police responded to nine domestic violence incidents between May 2 and 8.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 6, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 30, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 23, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 16, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 9, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 2, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 18, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 4, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 28, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 14, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 7, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 24, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 17, 2014 issue
- South Shore Police Report: May 23
- South Shore Police Report: May 5
- Police Report: April 28