· A lawn mower, valued at $200, was taken from a garage in the 3400 block of East Armour Avenue sometime between Dec. 5 and 19. Entry was gained by cutting a padlock and damaging the locking handle on the overhead door.
· An estimated $10,500 of jewelry and $75 in cash were taken sometime between Dec. 13 and 18 from an apartment in the 2600 block of East Edgerton Avenue.
· A 25-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for retail theft after taking two toothbrushes and gum picks from Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave., at 10:29 p.m. Dec. 18.
· A 39-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for retail theft after taking eight cans of body spray from Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave., at 9:52 a.m. Dec. 20. The man told police he was a heroin addict and intended to sell the stolen goods for drug money.
· A 27-year-old Cudahy woman was cited for retail theft after she opened a pregnancy test kit after 5 p.m. Dec. 21 at Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave. The woman "thought better of the theft and returned the opened applicator." However the test kit could not be sold, and the woman could not pay for it.
· A 43-year-old Cudahy man was charged with operating while intoxicated, marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia after being stopped in the 6000 block of South Crosswinds Drive at 4:11 p.m. Dec. 18. The man has two previous OWI convictions.
· A 28-year-old Cudahy man was stopped for operating while intoxicated in the 5200 block of South Whitnall Avenue at 1:32 a.m. Dec. 21. His blood alcohol content was 0.11.
· A brother and sister, a 24-year-old Cudahy man and a 17-year-old Cudahy girl, were both charged with disorderly conduct and resisting an officer after an incident at 2:43 a.m. Dec. 15 in the 3600 block of East Birchwood Avenue. According to police, a car had crashed into a tree. Both siblings claimed to police they had been driving, and both were belligerent. The woman was also charged with underage alcohol consumption.
· An unidentified male attempted to use a counterfeit $100 bill at Pick 'n Save, 5851 S. Packard Ave., at 6:49 p.m. Dec. 21. The man fled the store when a cashier took the bill to a manager.
· A 43-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for possessing drug paraphernalia after a glass pipe was found in his car during a traffic stop in the 4300 block of South Kinnickinnic Avenue at 10:08 p.m. Dec. 23.
· A 27-year-old Eau Claire woman, and a 31-year-old woman and 25-year-old man, both residents of Augusta, Wis., have been charged with burglary of Dobie's Restaurant, 4136 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., between midnight and 2 a.m. Dec. 14. The trio allegedly took two flat screen television sets, valued at $500 apiece, and 20 bottles of liquor with a combined value of $400. According to police reports, the goods were taken to a home in Cudahy where the mother of the Eau Claire woman lives. The Cudahy woman called Cudahy police saying she believed the property was stolen. The Augusta man and the Eau Claire woman, who told police they had worked at Dobie's several years ago, admitted the burglary Dec. 15. The Augusta woman, who was also cited for carrying a concealed weapon, said she had been the lookout. Both Augusta residents were cited for possessing drug paraphernalia. The television sets and liquor were recovered.
· A wreath was reported stolen from a yard in the 100 block of Lake Drive at 12:33 p.m. Dec. 19.
· A park sign in the 200 block of Lake Drive was reported stolen Dec. 19.
· Two South Milwaukee men, ages 26 and 23, may face theft charges after video games, model cars and a $100 necklace were reported missing from a home in the 600 block of Sherman Avenue on Dec. 19. The missing items, with a combined value of $590, were all recovered from a West Allis pawn store.
· A 27-year-old Cudahy woman reported her purse, valued at $200, was taken from the parking lot at Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., around 8 p.m. Dec. 21. Purse contents included $150 in cash, credit cards and a wallet.
· A stove was reported stolen Dec. 23 from a yard in the 900 block of Madison Avenue.
· Police are searching for a 22-year-old South Milwaukee man who has been charged with battery regarding an incident between 3 and 4 a.m. Dec. 21 in the 600 block of Manistique Avenue. The man allegedly punched and kicked his former girlfriend, a 25-year-old woman.
· A 34-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for operating while intoxicated after hitting mailboxes in the 700 block of Columbia Avenue about 8 p.m. Dec. 20. He was apprehended while parked at Ninth and Columbia avenues.
· A 39-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for failure to yield and disregarding traffic control after a collision at 12:09 p.m. Dec. 19 at 14th Avenue and Drexel Boulevard. The South Milwaukee man, northbound on 14th, collided with a New Berlin driver westbound on Drexel.
· An unknown driver going northbound on South Chicago Avenue, crashed into a traffic signal in the median strip of Drexel Boulevard while turning to go east. The accident occurred during icy conditions just after 6 a.m. Dec. 20.
· A 21-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for operating after suspension after she struck a parked car in the 900 block of Monroe Avenue at 6:56 Dec. 20.
· A South Milwaukee woman was cited for failure to control after she backed into a Cudahy woman's car in the parking lot at Aldi, 3105 S. Chicago Ave., at 11:52 a.m. Dec. 23.
· A 16-year-old South Milwaukee male was cited for failure to yield after an accident at 1:19 p.m. Dec. 23 at 15th Avenue and Parkway Drive. According to police reports, the driver was going eastbound on Parkway and struck a vehicle driven by a 36-year-old Milwaukee man going northbound on 15th, after failing to observe a stop sign.
· A South Milwaukee woman who had been fired from a job at McDonald's, 2715 S. Chicago Ave., threatened two employees. Police told the woman Dec. 20 she would be arrested if she returned to the restaurant and should get her last paychecks at the corporate office.
· A 47-year-old woman was arrested on Marinette County warrants just before midnight Dec. 20 after she had called police to her apartment in the 1600 block of Nicholson Avenue, saying her husband was out of control. According to police reports, the woman "was intoxicated and causing problems."
· A fight broke out at South Milwaukee High School, 801 15th Ave., after noon Dec. 21 following a basketball game between recreation department seventh- and eighth-grades girls teams, the South Milwaukee Lakers and Deer Creek of St. Francis. According to police reports the 14-year-old daughter of the South Milwaukee coach was slapped in the face, while the South Milwaukee coach and her husband were punched. The fighting was over by the time police arrived.
· A 44-year-old Greenfield woman was arrested for disorderly conduct at 1:37 a.m. Dec. 22 after she came into Spirits Tavern, 922 Milwaukee Ave., and began screaming and throwing bar stools.
· South Milwaukee police responded to seven domestic violence incidents between Dec. 19 and 25.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: March 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 12, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 22, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 15, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 1, 2015
- South Shore police report: Dec. 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 4, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 20, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 6, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 30, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 23, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 16, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 9, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 2, 2014