· A resident of the 3600 block of East Holmes Avenue reported someone tried to pick a lock on his garage door between 5 a.m. and 3 p.m. Dec. 4. No property was missing.
· A laptop computer, valued at $250, was reported taken from a classroom Dec. 3 or 4 at Cudahy High School, 4950 S. Lake Drive.
· A backpack and a "Paralegal Professional" book valued at $195 were taken from an unlocked minivan parked behind a garage in the 3800 block of East Plankinton Avenue overnight Dec. 4 or 5.
· A 32-year-old Cudahy woman was arrested for operating while intoxicated, third offense, after crashing her car into a tree at the southwest corner of Somers and Swift avenues at 10:41 p.m. Dec. 7. The woman was taken to St. Luke's South Shore Hospital, where she was "extremely disorderly, yelling profanities at the top of her lungs." She refused to submit a blood sample until a court warrant was obtained.
· A 44-year-old Racine man faces charges of fleeing an officer, operating while intoxicated and first degree reckless endangerment after leading police on an eight-minute pursuit over 2.2 miles on Dec. 13. During pursuit, he lost control after making a turn from South Lake Drive onto East Adams Avenue, striking a stop sign, then continued and struck a house and a tree in the 5400 block of South Lake Drive. The pursuit ended in the 3900 block of East Grange Avenue when he struck a police car at 10:48 p.m.
· A 28-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for disorderly conduct and resisting an officer after an altercation with three officers in the 5000 block of South Packard Avenue at 4:15 a.m. Dec. 7. According to police reports, the man was stumbling around in a parking lot and appeared to be looking into cars in the lot. The man eventually told fire and rescue personnel that he had used cocaine and alcohol and was schizophrenic. He was put under sedation at St. Luke's South Shore Hospital. His blood alcohol content was 0.28.
· A 36-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for damage to property and domestic violence after an incident at 1:41 a.m. Dec. 13 that capped a heated argument with his 30-year-old girlfriend at their apartment. The man allegedly knocked over a Christmas tree, slammed a television set to the floor and flipped over a coffee table.
· Cudahy police responded to six domestic violence incidents between Dec. 7 and 13.
· A 54-year-old man was cited for negligent handling of burning material after his house in the 3600 block of East Ramsey Avenue caught fire the morning of Dec. 9. According to police reports, a neighbor entered the home after noticing smoke and called the Fire Department. He found the 54-year-old was unconscious and dragged him outside.
No reportable incidents
· A 17-year-old South Milwaukee male reported being shot by a BB gun and hit in the head in an attempted robbery at about 8:30 p.m. Dec. 11 in the 900 block of Madison Avenue.
· Several power tools, with a combined value of $900, were reported taken Dec. 7 from a garage in the 1500 block of North Chicago Avenue.
· A diamond ring valued at $400 was taken from an apartment in the 1700 block of Rawson Avenue at 8 p.m. Nov. 28.
· A 51-year-old Cudahy woman reported her ring, valued at $3,200, was taken from a restroom at Paisano's restaurant, 113 N. Chicago Ave., on Nov. 30.
· A 44-year-old St. Francis man was cited for retail theft after allegedly taking a tool set and padlock from Walmart, 222 N. Chicago Ave., at 5:02 p.m. Dec. 6.
· An iron smokestack from a bonfire pit, valued at $75, was reported taken Dec. 6 from a back yard in the 200 block of Marshall Avenue.
· An 18-year-old male student had his smartphone taken sometime Dec. 9 at South Milwaukee High School, 801 15th Ave.
· A masked and hooded male walked behind a counter at Griddlers Café, 211 N. Chicago Ave., opened the cash register and took about $250 at 8:11 p.m. Dec. 10 before fleeing.
· A resident of the 500 block of Montana Avenue reported at 3:48 p.m. Dec. 6 that his former girlfriend, a 39-year-old Milwaukee woman, came to his home, punched him and scratched his neck.
· A 53-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for battery after an incident shortly after midnight Dec. 7 at a home in the 1700 block of 14th Avenue. According to police reports, the South Milwaukee man and a 33-year-old Greenfield man were drinking and playing dice when the South Milwaukee man punched him in the face several times.
· A 47-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested after allegedly battering a 33-year-old woman and pushing her down stairs in the 1400 block of Madison Avenue just past noon on Dec. 10.
· A pickup truck driven by a Cudahy man was cited for failure to notify and operating after suspension after a collision at 12:25 p.m. Dec. 10. The Cudahy driver was going eastbound on Madison Avenue in a pickup truck when he struck a pickup driven by a West Allis man attempting to cross Madison going south on Eighth Avenue.
· A driver's side window on a car parked in the 500 block of Park Avenue was shot with a BB gun at about 1 p.m. Dec. 8.
· A driver's side window on an SUV parked in the 1200 block of Michigan Avenue was smashed at about 1:30 p.m. Dec. 10.
· A 26-year-old South Milwaukee man was charged with disorderly conduct and use of a dangerous weapon after a road rage incident at about 1:15 p.m. Dec. 5 in the 1300 block of Madison Avenue. The man allegedly left his vehicle and pointed a gun at a 31-year-old South Milwaukee man.
· A magazine of ammunition for a Glock handgun was found in Grant Park and turned in to police the morning of Dec. 11.
· South Milwaukee police responded to eight domestic violence incidents between Dec. 6 and 12.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: April 14
- Police Report: March 17
- Police report: March 3
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 17
- Police report: Feb. 10
- Police report: Feb. 3
- Police report: Jan. 27
- Police report: Jan. 20
- Police report: Jan. 13
- Police report: Jan. 6
- Police report: Dec. 27
- Police Report: Dec. 20
- Police Report: Dec. 8
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Police Report: Nov. 25
- Police report: Nov. 18
- Police Report: Nov. 11
- Police Report: Nov. 4
- Police Report: Oct. 28