St. Francis’ lack of success in tie-breakers resulted in a third-place finish in the four-school Roses Tournament on Sept. 6.
Mariners players were involved in 12 tie-breakers, losing eight.
Mackenzie Carlin finished second at No. 4 singles. The Mariners also received runner-up finishes at No. 1 doubles from Franceska Gosselin and Ashley Bieschke, at No. 3 doubles from Jamie Perczyk and Jillian Lyles and at No. 4 doubles from Emilee Deck and Teal Kaluzny.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (3)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community (7)
- Longing for good biking all year round? It's here
- Flying high (7)
- St. Ann hosts winter market
- Man escapes drug sting after trip to hospital (7)
- St. Ann's hosts indoor winter farmers market
- St. Francis Library celebrates its 25th anniversary
- Special feature: Firefighters train to handle situations involving one of their own (5)