St. Francis had three top doubles finishes and a second as it won a girls tennis quadrangular with Brown Deer, Bay View and the School of Languages on Aug. 19.
The winning doubles teams were made up of Mel Franken and Cora Hemmer, Jaime Perczyk and Jilian Lyles, and Teal Kaluzny and Rachel Wozniak. Carly Glavin and MacKenzie Carlin were second at No. 1 and No. 4 singles, respectively.
On Aug. 28, New Berlin West beat St. Francis, 4-3. Danielle Kukla won in straight sets at No. 4 singles. The No. 2 doubles team of Franken and Hemmer, and the No. 3 team of Perczyk and Lyles each won in straight sets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- Milton Vretenar: Vretenar made sure many roads led to St. Francis
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (11)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community (7)