An apartment was burglarized in the 4500 block of South Ahmedi Avenue three days after its occupants witnessed two people attempting to break in.
According to a St. Francis police report:
A man who resides there and a friend were sitting in the living room about 6 p.m. Aug. 21 when they heard the sliding patio door rattle as if someone was trying to enter.
When the resident pulled back a blanket hanging over his glass door, he saw a muscular man, about 5 feet 9 inches tall, holding a silver pipe, and a second man, about 5 feet 10 inches tall with a skinny build. Those men fled after they were spotted.
Afterward, the 19-year-old St. Francis man noticed that the screen in his bedroom was partially off its tracks, but he did not call authorities.
At 1 p.m. Aug. 24, the man returned after being away from home the previous day. He found the door ajar and its locks broken. He discovered that about $200 or $225 was taken from a locked box.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- Milton Vretenar: Vretenar made sure many roads led to St. Francis
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (11)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community (7)
- Longing for good biking all year round? It's here
- Flying high (9)
- St. Ann hosts winter market
- Man escapes drug sting after trip to hospital (7)