The St. Francis Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire in a 30-unit apartment complex in the 4500 block of South Whitnall Avenue about 9:30 p.m. July 11.
Fire Chief Franklin Lockwood said the fire resulted from a cooking mishap. A 45-year-old St. Francis man suffered minor burns to his hands and was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Cudahy, Oak Creek, South Milwaukee and Greenfield fire departments also responded to the fire, which was quickly extinguished. Damage is estimated at less than $1,000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- Milton Vretenar: Vretenar made sure many roads led to St. Francis
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (11)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community (7)
- Longing for good biking all year round? It's here
- Flying high (9)
- St. Ann hosts winter market
- Man escapes drug sting after trip to hospital (7)