Miscellaneous household items valued at $1,130 were stolen from a storage locker at a residence in the 4000 block of South Packard Avenue between Aug. 29 and Oct. 29.
A black leather briefcase containing a laptop valued at $736 and some file folders were stolen from Greg's True Value, 3050 E. Layton Ave., between 10:22 and 10:42 a.m. Nov. 9.
Eighteen collectible miniature shoes valued at $323 were stolen from a cabinet at Langer's Hallmark, 4698 S. Whitnall Ave., between 10 a.m. Nov. 14 and 11 a.m. Nov. 17.
A 38-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving after police responded to a call from a resident following a possible drunken driver in the 3700 block of Pennsylvania Avenue at 1:43 a.m. Nov. 11. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.16.
A 16-year-old St. Francis boy and a 15-year-old Milwaukee boy were referred to children's court after admitting they spray-painted graffiti on the Nathaniel Greene Park pavilion, 3356 E. Lunham Ave., at 12:30 p.m. Nov. 3.
A 16-year-old St. Francis boy, a 15-year-old Milwaukee boy, a 15-year-old St. Francis girl and a 14-year-old Milwaukee girl were arrested for vandalizing the walls and doors of the band shell at Milton Vretenar Memorial Park, at Packard and Denton avenues, between 1:47 and 2:40 p.m. Nov. 5. Damage is estimated at $100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (3)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community (7)
- Longing for good biking all year round? It's here
- Flying high (7)
- St. Ann hosts winter market
- Man escapes drug sting after trip to hospital (7)
- St. Ann's hosts indoor winter farmers market
- St. Francis Library celebrates its 25th anniversary
- Special feature: Firefighters train to handle situations involving one of their own (5)