St. Francis' season drew to a close in the WIAA Division 2 Racine Prairie Subsectional on Oct. 2.
The Mariners' second and third doubles teams won their first matches before being eliminated in their second there
The No. 2 team of Mel Franken and Cora Hemmer won its match against Thomas More in straight sets, losing three games. The No. 3 pair of Jade Ertel and Katie Hoffman lost four games in a straight-set victory.
Both teams lost to second-seeded entrants in straight sets.
Sam Dieter-Saskowski at No. 1 singles and Franceska Gossselin at No. 3 singles were eliminated by entries from Racine Prairie School. Gosselin took her match to three sets.
At No. 2 singles, Liz McGeary lost to a third-seeded Waukesha Memorial entrant. Marria Lopez retired due to injury at No. 4 singles.
The No. 1 doubles team of Andrea Benoit and Carly Glavin lost to the top-seeded team from Racine St. Catherine's.
St. Francis placed sixth in the nine-school field with four points.
St. Francis, 12-7 in matches, loses seniors Dieter-Saskowski, McGeary, Benoit, Hoffman and Ertel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Sept. 3, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- Milton Vretenar: Vretenar made sure many roads led to St. Francis
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (11)