St. Francis' season drew to a close in the WIAA Division 2 Racine Prairie Subsectional on Oct. 2.
The Mariners' second and third doubles teams won their first matches before being eliminated in their second there
The No. 2 team of Mel Franken and Cora Hemmer won its match against Thomas More in straight sets, losing three games. The No. 3 pair of Jade Ertel and Katie Hoffman lost four games in a straight-set victory.
Both teams lost to second-seeded entrants in straight sets.
Sam Dieter-Saskowski at No. 1 singles and Franceska Gossselin at No. 3 singles were eliminated by entries from Racine Prairie School. Gosselin took her match to three sets.
At No. 2 singles, Liz McGeary lost to a third-seeded Waukesha Memorial entrant. Marria Lopez retired due to injury at No. 4 singles.
The No. 1 doubles team of Andrea Benoit and Carly Glavin lost to the top-seeded team from Racine St. Catherine's.
St. Francis placed sixth in the nine-school field with four points.
St. Francis, 12-7 in matches, loses seniors Dieter-Saskowski, McGeary, Benoit, Hoffman and Ertel.
- NOW's user submitted stories, photos will be discontinued in early August
- South Shore police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- #BestSummerEverNOW: Share your 2016 summer photos of you in the Milwaukee suburbs
- South Shore police report: July 7, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 9, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: May 26, 2016 issue