Three singles players and a doubles team won their first match in the Woodland Conference Tournament last week, helping the Mariners finished seventh in the 11-school field.
Greendale won the meet with 48 points, finishing well ahead of Wauwatosa West's 34. St. Francis had 16 points.
Sam Dieter-Saskowski (No. 1) beat Jenny Dang of Cudahy, 6-1, 6-1, in her opening match. She could not keep it going, losing the next three matches.
At No. 3, Franceska Gosselin won straight sets, but lost her remaining matches. At No. 4, Marrio Lopez won in straight sets in the second round after a bye in the first, lost in the third round and retired because of injury.
The No. 3 doubles team of Katie Hoffman and Jade Ertel won its opening match, lost in three sets in its second and lost again in the playbacks.
At. No. 2 doubles, Cora Hemmer and Mel Franken lost their opening match, then won their next three. Liz McGeary (No.2 singles) lost her first match, won her second in straight sets, then lost. At No.1 doubles, Andrea Benoit and Carly Glavin bounced back after losing in the first round to win twice before losing.
St. Francis began subsectional play in the WIAA tournament Oct. 2. Sectional play is scheduled for today, Oct. 4.
- NOW's user submitted stories, photos will be discontinued in early August
- South Shore police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- #BestSummerEverNOW: Share your 2016 summer photos of you in the Milwaukee suburbs
- South Shore police report: July 7, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 9, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- South Shore police report: May 26, 2016 issue