The St. Francis girls' tennis team opened its season by winning its Aug. 13 quadrangular against Brown Deer, School of Languages and Bay View with 21 points.
Senior Samantha Dieter lost only 10 games in winning three matches in straight sets at No. 1 singles. Another senior, Elizabeth McGreary, also won three matches at No. 2 singles, including a 6-4, 4-6 (10-4) victory over Brown Deer that lasted more than two hours.
The No. 1 doubles team of junior Carley Glavin and senior Andrea Benoit and the No. 2 doubles team of juniors Mel Franken and Cora Hemmer both won each of their three matches in straight sets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- Milton Vretenar: Vretenar made sure many roads led to St. Francis
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (11)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community (7)
- Longing for good biking all year round? It's here
- Flying high (9)
- St. Ann hosts winter market
- Man escapes drug sting after trip to hospital (7)