The season did not end positively for Cudahy/St. Francis as the Packers dropped a 2-0 decision to Greenfield in a WIAA regional semifinal contest May 24.
Two days prior to that, they dropped their regular-season closer by a 7-1 count to New Berlin West. In that game, The Packers (3-16) were able to close the gap to 2-1 on a goal from Elizabeth Ciezki off a Jordan Frisch assist, but then the Vikings ran off five unanswered goals as they outshot Cudahy by a 27-2 count.
Abbie Windus had eight saves for the Packers in the game.
In the regional loss, no details were avalaible as the Hustlin' Hawks advanced to a regional final against Franklin on May 26.
The Packers, coached by Cosimo Piraino, bid good-bye to six seniors, including co-captain Ciezki, Rachel Silva, Giulia Morlini, Windus, Sarah Schram, and Selina Kuechenmeister.
Other captains this season included Tricia Crissey, Caley Milton and Samantha Dieter-Saskowski.
The team had three freshmen and four sophomores on the roster.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- Milton Vretenar: Vretenar made sure many roads led to St. Francis
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (11)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community (7)