A 22-year-old St. Francis woman has been named Miss Milwaukee 2012.
Stephanie Marie Obst, a dancer, won the title at the Marian Center for Non Profits Saturday night ahead of nine other women.
Obst was Miss Southern Wisconsin in 2010 and will make a second attempt at the Miss Wisconsin title on June 16 in Oshkosh. The daughter of Beth and Jeffery Obst, she is a junior advertising and journalism major at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
First runner-up was Angela Marie Ahcin, 20, of Cudahy. Second runner-up was Raquel Faye Bruening, 19, of New Berlin.
Anyone living in the state was eligible to compete.
Meanwhile, the Miss Wisconsin state board of directors is seeking new directors and organizers to run the Miss Milwaukee and Miss Southern Wisconsin pageants.
The sisters who have organized and directed the pageant for the past 20 years, CoryAnn St. Marie-Carls and Michele R. St. Marie-Boelkow, announced Saturday that they plan to retire after this year's pageant.
Miss Southern Wisconsin 2011, Laura Marie Kaeppeler, 23, of Kenosha, is in Las Vegas to represent Wisconsin in the 2012 Miss America pageant. The competition will air Saturday on ABC.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- Milton Vretenar: Vretenar made sure many roads led to St. Francis
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (11)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community (7)
- Longing for good biking all year round? It's here
- Flying high (9)
- St. Ann hosts winter market
- Man escapes drug sting after trip to hospital (7)