St. Francis - Mayor Al Richards' request to stop any more residents from erecting "ugly fences" will be considered.
Richards wants to tighten city codes to prohibit what he views as unsightly fences that are visible from the street. He's not a fan, for example, of six-foot-tall wooden fences.
Richards said he has raised the issue before and the council hasn't taken action. But he said Wednesday that the Common Council decided Tuesday to refer his request to one of its committees.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: July 24, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 17, 2014 issue
- South Shore Police Report: May 23
- Police warn man, 59, after he asked 14-year-old girl out for coffee
- South Shore Police Report: May 12
- South Shore Police Report: May 5
- Police Report: April 28
- Police Report: April 21
- Police Report: April 14
- Police Report: March 17