• Jewelry, money and a video game system was taken from a home in the 3600 block of East Squire Avenue prior to 5:31 p.m. July 1. The door's lock was broken to gain entry. Loss is $2,401.
• Tools, valued at $650, were taken from the unlocked basement in an apartment building in the 2700 block of East Holmes Avenue prior to 9:15 a.m. July 5.
• Sunglasses, CDs and a folding knife were taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 600 block of South Buckhorn Avenue prior to 8:58 a.m. July 4. Loss is $140.
• Two cell phone chargers were taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 600 block of South Buckhorn Avenue prior to 8:58 a.m. July 4. Loss is $80.
• A grill was taken from a yard in the 4700 block of South Whitnall Avenue prior to 12:40 p.m. July 4. Loss is $200.
• About $24 worth of gasoline was taken from Speedway, 4944 S. Packard Ave., at 3:41 p.m. July 9.
• A license plate was taken from a vehicle in the 3800 block of East Birchwood Avenue prior to 10 p.m. July 9.
• A license plate was taken from a vehicle parked in the 4800 block of South Packard Avenue prior to 11:59 p.m. July 9.
• A lawn mower and a bicycle were taken from an unlocked garage in the 3800 block of East Allerton Avenue prior to 5 p.m. July 12. Loss is $479.
• A 20-year-old Cudahy man who made lewd comments and then refused to leave the Fourth of July celebration at Sheridan Park, 4800 S. Lake Drive, was arrested for possession of 1.35 grams of marijuana at 4:45 p.m. July 4.
• A 39-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving and cited for scavenging after he stopped to take recyclables from an alley in the 3700 block of Barnard Avenue at 12:58 a.m. July 5. His blood-alcohol content was 0.09.
• A 49-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for drunken driving after he was stopped because of a severely damaged windshield in the 4800 block of South Packard Avenue at 5:03 p.m. July 5. His BAC was 0.10.
• A 27-year-old St. Francis man was arrested for drunken driving after striking a parked vehicle in the 3600 block of East Wanda Avenue at 8:33 a.m. July 5. His BAC was 0.28. Damage estimates for the vehicles were unavailable.
• Paint was splattered on a vehicle parked in the 3800 block of East Underwood Avenue prior to noon July 3. Loss is $200.
• Two vehicles at Fred's Auto Sales, 5117 S. Packard Ave., were dented repeatedly prior to 8:15 p.m. July 7. Loss is $100.
• A vehicle's windshield was shattered with a blunt object in the 2900 block of East Grange Avenue prior to 10:30 a.m. July 9. Loss is $300.
• Two women were arrested for disorderly conduct after fighting at the Sheridan Park, 4800 S. Lake Drive, at 9:08 p.m. July 4. The fight started after a 22-year-old West Allis woman accused a 30-year-old Milwaukee woman's child of hitting her son.
• Police made two domestic violence arrests last week.
• The Fire Department responded to five fires, 48 medical calls and 25 service calls.
• A wallet containing several credit cards and a social security card was taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 4600 block of South Whitnall Avenue prior to 9:15 a.m. July 3. Loss is $40.
• A 20-year-old St. Francis man was arrested for marijuana possession after he was stopped because of expired registration plates at 5:57 p.m. July 1.
• A 23-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving after he failed to stop for flashing red lights at Kinnickinnic and St. Francis avenues at 12:23 p.m. July 11. His blood-alcohol content was 0.08.
• A 21-year-old Menomonee Falls woman was arrested for disorderly conduct and obstructing officers after she became intoxicated and belligerent at her birthday celebration at an apartment in the 2800 block of East Bolivar Avenue at 8:56 p.m. July 1. After she was locked out of the apartment, she pounded on other doors and demanded that her bottle of liquor be returned. Officers used pepper spray on the woman because she was striking them.
• There were no domestic violence arrests last week.
• The Fire Department responded to 10 fires, 25 medical calls and no service calls last week.
• An attempted garage burglary occurred in the 300 block of Menomonee Avenue at 6:45 p.m. July 7. The owner chased three people but could not catch them.
• A satellite radio system, two Global Positioning Systems, sunglasses and CDs were taken from two unlocked vehicles in the 800 block of Columbia Avenue prior to 5:09 p.m. July 6. Loss is $1,725.
• A vehicle was taken from the 3100 block of 14th Avenue prior to 6 p.m. July 6. Loss is $30,000.
• A bicycle was taken from an unlocked garage in the 700 block of Hawthorne Avenue prior to 5:30 p.m. July 7. Loss is $50.
• A 17-year-old South Milwaukee boy was arrested for substantial battery after striking a 17-year-old South Milwaukee girl in the face at Speedway, 2301 10th Ave., at 11:30 p.m. July 1. He was also cited for underage possession of alcohol after a liquor bottle was found in his pocket.
• A 67-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving after he was seen swerving in his own lane and turning without signaling at Nicholson and Milwaukee avenues at 9:45 p.m. July 10. He refused to give a breath sample.
• Graffiti was found at Guardian Credit Union, 1025 Milwaukee Ave., at 10:25 a.m. July 6. Damage is $50.
• A brick shattered a parked vehicle's rear window in the 700 block of Park Avenue prior to 11:06 p.m. July 6. Damage is $250.
• The cover of a boat docked at the South Milwaukee Yacht Club, 101 Marshall Ave., was torn prior to 1:30 p.m. July 6. Loss is $150.
• A home in the 2300 block of 9th Avenue had eggs thrown at it for the third time this month at 12:45 a.m. July 12. Damage is unknown.
• A screen-covered porch was slashed in the 1300 block of Missouri Avenue prior to 5:45 p.m. July 12. Damage is unknown.
• A 33-year-old Cudahy woman was warned after her dog was seen panting heavily in her car with no windows open in the 2500 block of 16th Avenue at 3:31 p.m. July 6. She said the dog was in the car for 20 minutes.
• Police made four domestic violence arrests last week.
• The Fire Department responded to four fires, 42 medical calls and four service calls.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: July 24, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 17, 2014 issue
- South Shore Police Report: May 23
- South Shore Police Report: May 12
- South Shore Police Report: May 5
- Police Report: April 28
- Police Report: April 21
- Police Report: April 14
- Police Report: March 17
- Police report: March 3
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 17
- Police report: Feb. 10
- Police report: Feb. 3
- Police report: Jan. 27
- Police report: Jan. 20
- Police report: Jan. 13
- Police report: Jan. 6
- Police report: Dec. 27
- Police Report: Dec. 20