Jim Siepmann of Siepmann Realty hopes to develop 13 lots on Sivyer Avenue that are currently owned by We Energies.
Siepmann began developing 24 lots in the new Trestle Creek subdivision last year. The subdivision is located in the 3200 block of Koenig and Crawford avenues.
The issue will be brought before the Common Council within the next 60 to 90 days, he said.
Siepmann said there is a "pent-up demand" for housing in St. Francis.
The additional lots would allow potential residents to build something more affordable and smaller in size than homes being constructed in the Trestle Creek subdivision.
The infrastructure already is in place along Sivyer Avenue and the lots would "be easy to bring to market," he said.
He likely would postpone development of the lots until the economy improves, Siepmann said.
Barry McNulty, a spokesman for We Energies, said the parcel is 2 to 4 acres in size and located west of Packard Avenue.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 14, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 7, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 24, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 17, 2014 issue
- South Shore Police Report: May 23
- Police warn man, 59, after he asked 14-year-old girl out for coffee
- South Shore Police Report: May 12
- South Shore Police Report: May 5
- Police Report: April 28