· Police are investigating the robbery of EZ Money Payday Loans, 5911 S. Packard Ave., at 11:45 a.m. Dec. 30. According to police reports, two unidentified men in their mid-20s entered the business and demanded $30,000. An employee "told them she didn't have that much money, and that the money was in a safe that had a 10-minute delay before it could be opened." The two robbers argued briefly over whether to wait, then fled on foot. They took $116 in cash from a drawer and the employee's cellphone.
· A resident of the 3900 block of East Squire Avenue reported a package shipment of beauty products valued at $220 was stolen from her front door between 1 and 5 p.m. Dec. 27.
· An auto diagnostic tool, valued at $6,800, was taken from an unlocked car parked behind a home in the 3800 block of East Morris Avenue overnight Dec. 27 or 28. The owner of the tool, a 29-year-old Cudahy man, was doubly unfortunate as police arrested him on a Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office for operating after revocation.
· A 23-year-old Cudahy woman was cited for theft at 4 a.m. Dec. 28 after two employees at St. Luke's South Shore Hospital, 5900 S. Lake Drive, said she had attempted to steal a thermometer valued at $500, and five pairs of hospital-issued socks while she was a patient.
· A 33-year-old Cudahy woman was cited for retail theft after allegedly attempting to shoplift a package of candles and two pairs of gloves from Walgreens, 3201 E. Layton Ave., at 6:20 p.m. Dec. 30.
· A 44-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for battery and criminal damage to property after a fight with his 49-year-old girlfriend at 10:44 p.m. Dec. 27 in the 6200 block of South Barnard Avenue. According to police, both parties had been drinking. The victim stated that she had learned her boyfriend "had been going to online dating websites looking for other women" and confronted him. He allegedly punched her in the face and knocked her television set off a dresser.
· A 21-year-old Cudahy woman was arrested for battery after allegedly punching her 26-year-old boyfriend at 2:35 a.m. Dec. 29 at an apartment in the 3700 block of East Squire Avenue. Both parties took preliminary breath tests, the woman registered 0.21 blood alcohol content and the man registered 0.11.
· A 31-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for operating while intoxicated after being stopped at 1:38 a.m. Dec. 28 in the 6100 block of South Packard Avenue. His BAC was 0.14.
· A 36-year-old Milwaukee man was cited for operating while intoxicated after being stopped at 2:59 a.m. Dec. 28 in the 3900 block of East Pulaski Avenue. He had been observed speeding and swerving while driving southbound on South Lake Drive. His BAC was 0.11.
· A 38-year-old Cudahy man was cited for operating while intoxicated after police found his car stuck in a snow bank in the 2400 block of East College Avenue at 1:44 a.m. Dec. 29. He registered a BAC of 0.23.
· A 56-year-old Cudahy man was cited for trespassing after he was found hiding inside Bubble Garden Laundromat, 5803 S. Packard Ave., at 11:33 p.m. Dec. 29, after the business had closed. The man had been cited for loitering earlier that evening after drinking beer in the Laundromat. The Laundromat owner told police he had kicked the man out of his business twice and told him not to return.
· A 20-year-old Milwaukee woman was cited for speeding and operating while intoxicated after being stopped at 11:21 p.m. Dec. 31 in the 5900 block of South Packard Avenue. Her passenger, another 20-year-old Milwaukee woman, was arrested and turned over to South Milwaukee police on a warrant for underage alcohol consumption. The passenger is also under warrants from Greendale and Franklin for underage consumption.
· A 28-year-old Greenfield man was cited for operating while intoxicated after driving erratically in the 1900 block of East Howard Avenue just after 3 a.m. Dec. 28. He was stopped in Milwaukee along Howard. His BAC was 0.16.
· Several pry marks found Dec. 27 indicated an unsuccessful attempt to break into a garage in the 1600 block of Chestnut Street, where several snowblowers were stored.
· An unidentified male took a pack of cigarettes valued at $6.80 from Speedway, 3102 S. Chicago Ave., at 9:16 p.m. Dec. 29.
· A rear license plate was reported stolen off a vehicle parked in the 700 block of Park Avenue at 11:08 a.m. Dec. 30. According to police, the stolen plate was on a vehicle used in a gas drive-off Dec. 31 in Franklin.
· A 23-year-old Cudahy woman was arrested for operating while intoxicated at 3:40 a.m. Jan. 1. The woman was driving north on 10th Avenue and was stopped in the 1900 block.
· A South Milwaukee woman was cited for failure to yield after a two-car collision at 10:34 a.m. Dec. 31 at 15th and Marquette avenues. The woman was driving westbound on Marquette and turned left onto 15th. A Cudahy woman, southbound on 15th, attempted to avoid the South Milwaukee woman and drove her car into a snowbank.
· Police are investigating a hit-and-run accident at 8:10 p.m. Jan. 1 outside G&K Liquor, 1508 Rawson Ave. A car owned by an Oak Creek woman working at the store was struck while it was parked on Rawson.
· The rear window of an SUV, parked behind a home in the 1300 block of Milwaukee Avenue, was smashed sometime between 9 p.m. Dec. 30 and 1 a.m. Dec. 31. Damage was estimated at $500.
· South Milwaukee police responded to four domestic violence incidents between Dec. 26 and Jan. 2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Sept. 17, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Sept. 10, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Sept. 3, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: June 18, 2015
- South Shore police report: June 4, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 28, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 14, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 7, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 30, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 23, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 16, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 9, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 2, 2015