A large tool chest was stolen from the unlocked garage of a residence in the 3800 block of East Underwood Avenue between noon and 6:30 p.m. March 22. The five-drawer chest valued at $600 contained a corded drill, a disc sander, a circular saw, a ratchet set and other miscellaneous tools that were stolen with the chest.
A $2,700 laptop computer and dozens of tools collectively worth $1,558 were stolen from the bed of a Toyota pickup truck sometime between 7:30 and 8:15 p.m. March 24, while the truck was parked in the 3800 block of East Carpenter Avenue.
A 42-year-old Cudahy woman was arrested for theft outside of Wayne's on Packard, 4854 S. Packard Ave., just before 8 p.m. March 30. She was arrested for stealing a 30-pack of beer worth $15 from CVS Pharmacy, 5740 S. Packard Ave., around 9 a.m. March 28.
The rear, passenger-side tire of a car was slashed while it was parked in a lot in the 5200 block of South Packard Avenue, sometime between 8 p.m. March 19 and 9 a.m. March 20. The tire will cost $50 to replace.
The driver's side window of a car was smashed in while the car was parked in the 6000 block of South New York Avenue sometime between 10 p.m. March 23 and 4 a.m. March 24. The window will cost $175 to replace, but no items were reported stolen from inside the car.
Police responded to one domestic violence disturbance during the week.
Three sets of tires and rims as well as two stereo speakers, a snowblower a 21-gallon tank compressor and other items were stolen from a locked-residential garage in the 4300 block of South Pennsylvania Avenue sometime between 11 p.m. March 25 and 3 a.m. March 26. The tire sets and speakers were valued at $7,600. Three tires from one set were found abandoned in the yard.
A 38-year-old St. Francis woman was cited for theft on behalf of the St. Francis Public Library, 4230 S. Nicholson Ave., on March 18 for failing to return three books and eight DVDs worth $234. The items were due back to the library between November and December last year. The citation was left with a relative living with the woman.
A 43-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft just outside of Family Dollar, 3048 E. Layton Ave., after he stole about $28 of air freshener products from that store, around noon on March 22. The man was found with $12 in similar products that he stole from Walgreens in Cudahy, 3201 E. Layton Ave., the same day, which he said he sells on the street to support a drug addiction. He was also cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after a crack pipe was found on him.
A 17-year-old boy was arrested at St. Francis High School, 4225 S. Lake Drive, where he attends school, for vandalism to a fire extinguisher cabinet door, at around noon March 19. He was caught on camera damaging the door around 1:15 p.m. March 15, which will cost $75 to repair.
An 18-year-old male student of St. Francis High School was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and at St. Francis High School, 4225 S. Lake Drive, around 1:15 p.m. March 22. The incident began when a police officer and the school principal continually ordered the man to remove a white bandanna he was wearing which he refused to do. The man became confrontational with the officer, was subsequently arrested for disorderly conduct and was then found to have a glass pipe and a grinder that both smelled like marijuana.
Reports were not available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Nov. 20, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 6, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 30, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 23, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 16, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 9, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 2, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 25, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 18, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: September 4, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 28, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 14, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: August 7, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 24, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 17, 2014 issue
- South Shore Police Report: May 23
- South Shore Police Report: May 12