Bay View's Colleen Mrotek earned a $2,500 scholarship to the school of her choice and a spot in this year's Miss Wisconsin competition when she was crowned Miss St. Francis at Saint Thomas More High School on Saturday.
Mrotek was second runner-up in last year's pageant, which was won by Tonya Popowski of Cudahy.
Participants in Miss St. Francis are judged on the same standards used by Miss America, which are private and on-stage interviews, talent, evening wear and swimsuit.
Other participants in the competition, which is in its 48th year, were: Jennifer Dombrowski of St. Francis; Abby Janiszewski of Oak Creek; Mary Kappus of Cudahy, Alexa Nommensen of Oak Creek, Rachael Obst of St. Francis, Aryn Swann of Oak Creek and Desireé Zarnowski of Oak Creek.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: July 24, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: July 17, 2014 issue
- South Shore Police Report: May 23
- Police warn man, 59, after he asked 14-year-old girl out for coffee
- South Shore Police Report: May 12
- South Shore Police Report: May 5
- Police Report: April 28
- Police Report: April 21
- Police Report: April 14
- Police Report: March 17