To help residents deal with the oppressive heat, the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee (the Y), is opening select pools to the community Friday, July 22 through Sunday, July 24.
This weekend's open swim hours are free and no Y membership is required to take advantage of this special opportunity for community members to stop in for a healthy break from the high temperatures.
All community participants (non-members) will need to sign in upon arrival and show photo identification. Children younger than 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to participate in open swimming.
Some restrictions may apply.
For more information on open swim hours and locations, visit the Latest News section on ymcamke.org.
The following locations are participating:
John C. Cudahy YMCA, 9050 North Swan Road, Milwaukee, phone: (414) 586-9622;
Feith Family Ozaukee YMCA, 465 Northwoods Road, Port Washington, phone: (262) 268-9622;
Northside YMCA, 1350 W. North Ave., Milwaukee, phone: (414) 265-9622;
South Shore YMCA, 3244 E. College Ave., Cudahy, phone: (414) 571-9622;
Tri-County YMCA, N84 W17501 Menomonee Ave., Menomonee Falls, phone: (262) 255-9622
Open swim hours vary from center to center, so please check the schedule of the center you're interested in visiting before heading out.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: April 2, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 12, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 22, 2015
- South Shore police report: Jan. 15, 2015