• A .40-caliber handgun valued at $500 was taken from a nightstand drawer in a bedroom of a residence in the 3100 block of East Vogel Avenue on April 12. A man who lives in the same building was questioned by police in connection with the theft, but he denied taking the gun.
• A silver frame dirt bike valued at $350 was taken from a yard in the 4800 block of South Lake Drive on April 13.
• A computer valued at $1,500 and a digital media player with a value of $200 were taken from a locked vehicle during a break in while parked on the 2500 block of East Layton Avenue on April 21. A side window sustained $200 damage.
• A mailbox valued at $150 was taken from the front yard of a residence on the 5600 block of South Swift Avenue on April 30.
• Three Cudahy men, ages 18, 18 and 19, were arrested for disorderly conduct, graffiti and obstructing an officer after a 20-year-old man was beaten in an apartment in the 3700 block of East Pulaski Avenue on April 13. One of the 18-year-old men was cited for battery, and a 17-year-old Cudahy girl was cited for disorderly conduct in connection with the incident.
• A 47-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for battery and a 37-year-old man cited for disorderly conduct following a fight between the two men in an apartment in the 4900 block of South Packard Avenue on April 26.
• A 17-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for possession of marijuana at Cudahy Park, 3200 E. Ramsey Ave., after he and a group of youths were observed smoking on the side of the pavilion on April 12.
• A 14-year-old boy at Cudahy Middle School, 5530 South Barland Ave., was arrested for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after a principal called police while observing what appeared to be suspicious activity between several students outside the school April 20. A 13-year-old girl was arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
• A 17-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia when officers found two marijuana pipes after stopping his car in the 3700 block of East Layton Avenue for expired registration on April 30.
• A driver's side window valued at $250 was broken on a vehicle parked in the 3100 block of East Grange Avenue on April 20.
• A car parked in the 5600 block of South Barland Avenue sustained $430 in damage when three windows were damaged by pellets fired from a BB gun on April 20-21.
• A rear car window valued at $200 was smashed while the vehicle was parked in the 5800 block of South Indiana Avenue on April 27.
• A driver's side window sustained $200 in damage when it was smashed while a vehicle was parked in the 2900 block of East Grange Avenue on April 27.
• In a separate incident, a driver's side window sustained $200 damage when it was broken by pellets fired from a BB gun while parked on the 2900 block of East Grange Avenue on April 27.
• Cudahy police responded to one domestic violence call this week.
• A digital camera, digital media player, car stereo and cologne valued at a total of $600 were taken from a car in the 4300 block of South Nicholson Avenue on April 20.
• Chrome rims and tires valued at $1,500 were taken from a yard in the 1700 block of East Leroy Avenue while propped up against a picket fence between April 22 and April 25.
• A 40-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for obstructing an officer and possession of a controlled substance (cocaine) and possession of drug paraphernalia after she was arrested when she attempted to take two bottles of tequila from Pick 'n Save, 4698 S. Whitnall Ave., on April 29.
• Forty-three cemetery headstones were toppled over in a cemetery behind St. Francis Seminary, 3257 S. Lake Drive., between April 30 and May 1. Two religious statues in a locked grotto were also sprayed with silly string. Damage to the headstones was placed at $500, and another $100 in damage to fix the handle on the grotto gate.
• A 16-year-old South Milwaukee boy was arrested on April 21 for attempted theft from a locker in the boys locker room at South Milwaukee High School, 801 15th Ave., after a teacher became suspicious and saw him going into an unlocked locker following a rash of similar thefts at the school.
• A 20-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for drunken driving after failing to stop for a flashing red light while making a turn at the intersection of Chicago and College avenues on April 24.
• A 35-year-old South Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving in the parking lot of Taco Bell, 112 N. Chicago Ave., after an off-duty officer notified police he saw her vehicle hit an orange construction barrel on College Avenue on April 28. The woman's blood alcohol content was 0.15.
• A 30-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for disorderly conduct after a neighbor heard four gunshots fired in a backyard in the 1300 block of Manitoba Avenue on May 1. The man told police he fired the gunshots directly into the ground from his handgun to celebrate the news that Osama Bin Laden had been killed. Police confiscated the gun.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: June 18, 2015
- South Shore police report: June 4, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 28, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 14, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 7, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 30, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 23, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 16, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 9, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 2, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 5, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 19, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 12, 2015
- South Shore police report: Feb. 5, 2015