Police seeking third suspect in strong-armed robbery
St. Francis - Police are looking for a third suspect who was involved in a robbery at Advance America Cash Advance Center, 4698 S. Whitnall Ave., about 9:30 a.m. Nov. 6.
According to a news release from the St. Francis Police Department:
The men obtained an undisclosed amount of money from an employee leaving with a bank deposit bag. No weapons were displayed during the incident.
After the robbery, the three suspects left in a vehicle. They were initially followed by St. Francis firefighters, who happened to be in the area at the time of the robbery. The robbers were able to elude firefighters, but their vehicle was located and pulled over by Cudahy police. Two men were arrested. A third suspect jumped out of the vehicle and fled. A 21-year-old Cudahy man, who matched the description of the fleeing suspect, was taken into custody in the 3000 block of East Edgerton Avenue. He was released after officers determined he was not involved in the crime. Police are still seeking a third suspect. The employee, who was robbed, was not injured during the incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: May 14, 2015
- Winter's not through with us yet
- South Shore police report: May 7, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 30, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 23, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 16, 2015
- Tornado watch in effect
- South Shore police report: April 9, 2015
- South Shore police report: April 2, 2015
- South Shore police report: March 19, 2015