I know this is a little late, but better late than never. I finally created a list of New Years resolutions.
A few days ago, I reached for a book on the bottom shelf in the library. Then I stood up. I winced in pain. My knees hurt! My knees only hurt when I don't exercise.
I realized this after I had my first son and needed to lose some pregnancy weight. I signed up for a gym membership and started to work out. A miracle occured! Not only did I lose most of my pregnancy weight, but the knee pain that bothered me for years VANISHED. It was wonderful.
Now, during the past few months - with working full time, spending time with my kids, volunteering for our school, and blogging - I stopped exercising. Fatigue finally beat the tread mill. My down time, when it occurs, consists of a book, a couch, and the faint image of my husband with a remote control.
Now my knees hurt.
I need to set a goal to exercise again. Here are some more goals for the year.
- Make a new friend.
- Learn to video blog.
- Teach my youngest son that kicking toys underneath his bed is not my definition of "cleaning"
- Incorporate journaling into my kids evenings.
- Go out with just my husband once a month.
- Buy a super cute pink Cudahy Packers jersey.
- Buy or create a chore chart.
- Secretly throw out all my husband's ugly shoes.
- Put all our family pictures into photo albums.
- Dance with Al Pacino.